Henderson Libraries seeks to cultivate a literate community by providing every citizen free access to books and information resources, as well as state of the art technology that supports work, school and recreational activities.
As trustees, administration, and staff of Henderson Libraries, we endeavor to accomplish the library district's mission through our commitment to each of these essential and equally important core values: Patron Focus, Respect for People, Equitable Service, Freedom of Information, Quality, Integrity, Free Basic Services, Promotion of Services, Freedom to Read, Patron Privacy, Stewardship of Community Resources.
Henderson Libraries In Depth
- Population of Nevada: 2,800,967 (2013 estimate from nvdemography.org)
- Number of registered public library card holders in Nevada: 1,273,567 (2011)
- Number of public libraries in Nevada*: 91 (2012)
- Total public library operating expenditures in Nevada (including Grants-in-Aid): $78,686,875 (2012)
- Total material circulation in public libraries in Nevada: 20,096,391 (2012)
- Total computer use sessions in public libraries in Nevada: 2,415,763 (2012)
- Population of Henderson: 279,226 (January 1, 2014)
- Number of registered public library card holders in Henderson: 93,719 (June 30, 2014)
- Number of public libraries in Henderson: 3
- Number of employees at libraries in Henderson: 92 (74.5 FTE)
- Number of Henderson librarians with Master of Library Science degrees: 29.5
- Total material circulation in public libraries in Henderson: 1,695,279 (June 30, 2014)
- Total compueter use sessions in public libraries in Henderson: 178,863 (June 30 , 2014)
- Henderson Libraries rank third in Nevada in regard to population and number of registered card holders.
- Henderson Libraries rank third in Nevada in regard to materials circulation and users of electronic resources.**
*Includes all physical public libraries and branches with recorded open hours in Nevada.
** Statistics for all libraries in Nevada are available upon request.