Teen Writing Contest
The 6th Annual HDPL Teen Writing Contest is now closed. The 2015 issue of the digital magazine "Unlocked Voices" will be available in late April.
- Contest is open to teens in grades 6-12
- Entries must be submitted online between December 1, 2014 and February 28, 2015
- NO FAN FICTION OR SCHOOL ASSIGNMENTS
- Teens may submit one entry of no more than 2,000 words in one of the following categories: Poetry, Fiction, or Essay/Memoir
- The work must be original and unpublished
- Selected entries, chosen by a panel of HDPL librarians, will be collected and published in the digital literary magazine, Unlocked Voices, which will become part of HDPL’s Digital Collections
- Participants will be notified in March if they have been selected for publication in the online digital magazine
- Judges unaffiliated with the library will select 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place winners in each category
- Winners will be announced at the public Reception and Gala in April
- By submitting an entry, you give Henderson District Public Libraries permission to reproduce
CLICK HERE TO ENTER"