Teen Writing Contest
Thank you for your submissions. We will notify the contestants by March 31st.
- Teens in grades 6-12 are eligible for this contest.
- Works of poetry, one-act plays, short stories, or essays up to 2,000 words will be accepted for consideration.
- You may submit entries online (no more than three per teen) between December 3, 2013 and February 28, 2014.
- All work must be original and unpublished.
- No school assignments please!
- Selected entries, chosen by a panel of HDPL librarians, will be collected and published as a digital literary magazine, which will become part of HDPL’s Digital Collections.
- Patrons will be notified by March 31st, 2013 if their work has been selected for publication.
- A reception and unveiling of the literary magazine will be held in April.