- 3-week loan period for everything, except: Art prints, which may be borrowed for 6 weeks. DVDs, which may be borrowed for 7 days.
- A total of 7 DVDs may be checked out on a patron's card at one time.
- You can check out everything EXCEPT reference material, newspapers, microfilm, and the newest magazine issues.
- You can have 35 items on your card at one time.
- You can renew your items for five additional loan periods, as long as no one has requested them. You can renew in person, over the phone, online through your library account, or by email.
- Extended use fees are 20 cents per day per item for adult materials; 10 cents per day per item for children's and young adult materials.
- Maximum overdue fines are $2.00 per item.
- You must have your library card with you in order to check out materials and use the public Internet computers.
- Las Vegas- Clark County Library District does not accept the return of Henderson Libraries' materials. They also ask that patrons return Las Vegas-Clark County Library materials to any of the Las Vegas-Clark County Libraries.
Library Card Policies
- Your first library card is free. Replacement of a lost card is one dollar.
- All Nevada residents are eligible to get an HDPL card.
- You may request a card at any Henderson Library. You will be asked to present picture identification and proof of address.
- A password/PIN is assigned to your account when first obtaining or registering your library card. This allows access to your online account, computer access at the library or to download digital books and audiobooks.
- Those under 18 need to have a parent or guardian present to acknowledge responsibility for materials checked out with their library cards.
- If you already have a card from any library in Nevada, you do not need to get a new card. You simply need to register your existing card with our Circulation Department.
- Download the complete PDF brochure of what your card can do for you!
- All Library Branches have terminals available for Internet Access.
- A library card in good standing is required to use the Internet at our libraries. All Internet users must comply with our Internet Access Policy.
Wireless Internet Access
Wireless Internet Access is available at the Paseo Verde, Gibson,Green Valley and Heritage Park Libraries. To use this service, patrons must have the following:
- active HDPL Library Card
- PIN number
- wireless card
- laptop, tablet or smartphone
Do you have books, videos, compact discs, or tapes that you wish to donate to our library district? The staff appreciates your interest in helping to stretch our budget dollars and add to your community's resources. Here are some guidelines to help you when donating.
Collection Development Policy
Guidelines to help us buy the materials for you to borrow from our libraries.
Patron Rules of Conduct
We want you to enjoy coming to the library. When visiting the library, as with any public venue, there are certain expectations of conduct to keep our libraries and all our visitors safe. Please view our Library Rules of Conduct.